Coaching depression in a spiritual context with Clinical hypnotherapy produces effective and rapid results.
This page is about suicide and depression awareness, as well as it explains my approach to healing the darkness you may be in. Do you think you are depressed? Take this quick test >>>
“Our outer reality is a direct reflection of our inner reality.”
Are you suffering from depression? Below are some of the signs of depression
- A black cloud is over your head
- Physical pain, (fibromyalgia, fatigue syndrome, headaches, chest pain https://www.webmd.com/depression/physical-symptoms
- Substance abuse
- Trouble sleeping at night
- Always tired
- Cry at the drop of a hat
- Feel numb.
- Feelings of helplessness and hopelessness. …
- Loss of interest in daily activities. …
- Appetite or weight changes. …
- Sleep changes, lack of or sleeping too much
- Anger or irritability. …
- Loss of energy. …
- Difficulty getting out of bed…
- Self-loathing. …
- Reckless behavior…
- Suicidal ideation (SEEK HELP IMMEDIATELY)
- “Living in a black hole”
- Trouble with work, study, life, unable to focus
- Trouble controlling your negative thoughts no matter how hard you try
“Is a mental health disorder characterized by persistently depressed mood or loss of interest in activities, causing significant impairment in daily life.
The persistent feeling of sadness or loss of interest that characterizes major depression can lead to a range of behavioral and physical symptoms. These may include changes in sleep, appetite, energy level, concentration, daily behavior, or self-esteem. Depression can also be associated with thoughts of suicide.”
I unfortunately I understand severe depression. What I know is that whether you need medication or not it is possible to use the mind to deal with or heal what is disturbing your peace.
If you are considering suicide please call 911 now! Below is also a suicide hotline.
National Suicide Prevention LifelineCall 1-800-273-8255
Warning signs of suicide include:
- Talking about killing or harming one’s self
- Expressing strong feelings of hopelessness or being trapped
- An unusual preoccupation with death or dying
- Acting recklessly, as if they have a death wish (e.g. speeding through red lights)
- Do you have a plan to commit suicide
- Calling or visiting people to say goodbye
- Getting affairs in order (giving away prized possessions, tying up loose ends)
- Saying things like “Everyone would be better off without me” or “I want out”
- A sudden switch from being extremely depressed to acting calm and happy
I work with people who are depressed but able to function. My own experience and education have allowed me to help those find their strength, reframe their beliefs and move forward in their lives. Some types of depression can come from past experiences that have created so much trauma that the subconscious belief can think of nothing else but what it learned. I learned that if someone left me it was like a death, this came from my early years of abandonment. Unfortunately though many episodes of suicide attempts and long dark nights I was forced to ask myself the question… “Do I want to continue to allowing my unhealthy thoughts control my life?”
As difficult as it was I decided that no matter what it took I would take back my power, I had to learn what my power was. Depression was no longer going to claim my soul. I am now drug-free, I do not think that this is such a big deal; if someone needs medication so what, life is short, do what you need to do to find peace! “Peace is priceless!”
What I am grateful for is that I have learned to control the way I think and the way I view my past, I am who I am today because of my experiences. The strength that I have learned to embrace has not only allowed me to prevail but also help others. Today I do not experience depression; I understand why and how! YOU CAN CHANGE YOUR LIFE, all you need to do is take one small step at a time.
The question is, why are you really in distress?
Whatever the issue is I can assure you that, “how you relate to the issue is the issue.” As I write these words, I can see a wonderful wise teacher looking upon his students with a beautiful smile. His strong voice states, “The issue is the issue!” Dr. Ronald Hulnick has been instrumental in my personal healing journey. Because of his loving and compassionate wisdom, I am now able to reach out and help others to help themselves.
Dr. Hulnick and his lovely wife, Dr. Mary R Hulnick, co-authored a wonderful, enlightening book, Loyalty To Your Soul. For those of you that would like to learn more about Spiritual Psychology, this book will allow you to gain a better understanding. I have been privileged to witness the healing of so many beautiful souls. Our paths can lead us down a healing journey; all we have to do is ask. I am extremely grateful for the wisdom of USM teachings.
The wisdom and tools of Spiritual Psychology, combined with Hypnosis, are producing astonishing effects in my office. Both modalities are allowing me to help others lead a more healthy, peaceful and fruitful life.
How can Spiritual Psychology help you?
- You learn how to reframe your beliefs and what happened
- You learn how to reframe your beliefs and what happened
- You learn to see the lessons and accept them so that you can move forward (depression teaches those who listen)
- You learn to see the beauty of depression, (bet that’s hard to swallow but I assure you it exists.)
- You learn that hope is real and that you can achieve what you want to achieve, choice is powerful!
- We all come here to learn something, some more difficult then others but if we stop judging our beliefs and ourselves they no longer have power over us. We can then move into a higher consciousness and allow what is disturbing our peace to leave us. You are not your depression!
The Spiritual Dimension of Depression
“Literature on caring for the whole person recognizes that human suffering includes not only cognitive, emotional, and volitional but also existential and spiritual dimensions. The National Consensus Project Clinical Practice Guidelines for Quality Palliative Care  aim to “…identify and address the physical, psychological, spiritual, and practical burdens of illness.” Psychiatrists such as Verhagen  have also suggested that the World Health Organization (WHO) recognize spiritual well-being, as an important aspect of health.”
How can hypnosis help you?
- At the subconscious level the list above becomes real, you change the way you see and feel things
- You can trust that the light at the end of the tunnel exists, you may not be able to see it yet but you know it is there.
- Your subconscious changes its perception, instead of the dark it sees light (this is a big deal)
- You will heal the root issue behind what is disturbing your peace
- You will release your emotional hurdles
- You will learn to appreciate to a routine that you have created for yourself (this is imperative for those who suffer from depression)
- You will learn to dissociate yourself from depression
- You will learn that you can stand strong and live life again
“The components of CH are described in sufficient detail to allow for their replication and validation. Moreover, CH for depression provides a template for studying the additive effect of hypnosis as an adjunctive treatment with other medical and psychological disorders.”
Every case is different
Meaning, everyone needs a specific protocol that will aid him or her in healing, and there is no cookie cutter program. If you are interested in learning something new please feel free to call me. I am here to help.
What I have come to learn is that most of the time, whatever is upsetting us are the beliefs and projections of our own distorted perception and more rarely someone else’s. Most of the time, these beliefs and projections stem for our childhood. Between the ages of 1 and 9, we take in our parents’ and others’ judgments and misunderstandings. We then live our lives through our own projections mirrored through the eyes of others — our outer reality is our inner reality.
Our belief systems really have nothing to do with the way we wish to be in the world. What would happen if we took back our power and chose to live our lives within our authentic selves? Who would we be and how would we feel? I can assure you that you would most likely be the opposite of your troubling thoughts are that often trigger you into depression. When I talk about depression, I do not want to dismiss the fact that depression can be a chemical imbalance and may need to be treated with medication.
When working with depressed clients, especially those who have attempted or have suicide tendencies, I require a doctor’s referral and a recommendation from the doctor to work with clinical hypnosis. Sometimes it will be best to see a licensed therapist, psychiatrist, or psychologist.
To reiterate, I am an advocate for medication when needed.
I also believe that we have control over the way we think and feel. Again, if medication is needed do it! Change takes dedication, understanding and practice. I speak from experience. As I mentioned above I myself have suffered from the darkness of depression. Suicide seemed to be the only way out.
“Fortunately the darkness allowed me loose everything on many different levels. I use the word “fortunately” because it took this massive dark destruction to force me to see life differently. I am humbled with gratitude. Life’s curriculum knew exactly what she was doing. I will be eternally grateful for the lessons I have learned.”
One of my greatest gifts was my teacher Dr. Hulnick who showed me the way to eliminate “suicide” from my thoughts. I overcame all of my irrational beliefs and took the time to question every fearful and negative thought, including, “is what I am thinking and feeling really true?” I have been able to disengage the “trigger” that, in the past, that has caused me upset in my life. Through hypnosis, I use the exact exercise that Dr. Hunick taught me with my clients. Oh, how it works!
References & Valuable Sources for Further Information and Treatment
- Dr. Deborah Fein http://playavistamentalhealth.com/bio/
- Dr. Bernard Bierman https://www.semel.ucla.edu/profile/bernard-m-bierman
- Michael Nee MFT https://www.michaelneemft.com/
- Depression Screening https://www.psycom.net/depression-test/
- Suicide Awareness Voices of Education https://save.org/
- Suicide: https://metanoia.org/suicide/
- Venice Family Clinic https://venicefamilyclinic.org/
- Suicide Hotline: 800.273.8255
- California Youth Crisis Hotline: 800.843.5200
- American Foundation for Suicide Prevention: 888.333.2377
Not sure that Hypnotherapy would work on you, or your child’s issue. Call me for a Free Consultation